Guidelines you MUST know for choosing a Nitrogen Generator Supplier
[dropcap]On-site nitrogen production is simple and economical for businesses to eliminate rental charges, transportation expenses, labor costs, and evaporation losses of bulk systems. Nitrogen generators assist a wealth of businesses with their day-to-day process. Some industries that have benefited from nitrogen generators are packaged food, wineries, and beer dispensing. Several industries utilize nitrogen generators for fire/explosive preventative measures in various aspects of their particular industries. If nitrogen generators are of any interest to you and you have decided to consider nitrogen generators as viable option for your business/or are looking to make the switch from your current system, there are a few questions that you should ask the businesses that you are pursuing. When choosing a nitrogen generator supplier, make sure you ask the following questions:[/dropcap]
- How long have you been in business? There are many companies that have recently entered the industry of nitrogen generators. Many of these companies have only been selling nitrogen systems for a year or two. The majority of these new nitrogen generator suppliers are in the nitrogen tire inflation market and are now trying to sell in the industrial market. Look for stable companies whose only business is nitrogen gas generation and have been in the business for a minimum of 5 years. Companies with long-term reputations are your best bet.
- What nitrogen generator systems do they offer? The best nitrogen generators are PSA (Pressure Swing Adsorption) and Membrane systems. Make sure the supplier you choose offers and is knowledgeable in both of these systems. This will ensure you are getting the best equipment to fit your application instead of trying to fit the application to the equipment.
- What country is the equipment being manufactured in? Some companies are importing nitrogen generators from China. These units typically do not meet many of the North American standards (ie. Electrical – UL & CSA / Pressure Vessels – ASME & CRN).
- If my nitrogen demand increases, will I need to purchase a new one? Ask if the equipment is modular and/or expandable in the future should your nitrogen demand increase. There are many nitrogen generators available now whereby simply adding an additional module can help to increase the capacity of the system without great expense. Make sure your nitrogen generator system is a long-term investment.
- What other businesses like mine have you sold nitrogen generators to? You want to make sure the company you are dealing with is familiar with your industry. Nitrogen generators are available with numerous options and you want to make sure the supplier knows what is required (ie. A sterile gas filter is not required in most applications but it is recommended in the food industry).
Use these general guidelines when seeking a nitrogen generator supplier as well as have a strong understanding and ask lots of questions if you are unsure of the various types of nitrogen generators that are available to you. The more informed you are of the product you seek and the capabilities of the supplier, the more confident you will feel when investing in a nitrogen gas generation.
Contact Compressed Gas Technologies for more information.